Bourbon Bacon Brownies
Sometimes at BourbonBlog.com, recipe creations catch our eyes, tastebuds and hearts simultaneously.
Made with dark chocolate, crumbled bacon and a splash of bourbon, these Bourbon Bacon Brownies mean business. They render such a strong medley of flavors in your mouth, you’ll wonder if you’re eating a brownie, a handful of bacon or a shot of bourbon. The good new is it’s all three in one delicious concoction!
Simple to make, Stephanie Wise of GirlVersusDough.com shows us how to use Betty Crocker brownie mix, crumbled bacon and your favorite Bourbon whiskey to give an extra grown-up taste that’s neither sweet nor salty, but still extremely rich and tasty.
Bourbon Bacon Brownies Recipe
1 package Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/2 cup cooked, crumbled and cooled bacon
3 Tbsp. Bourbon
1/4 cup Bourbon (reserve for end)
1. Preheat oven according to directions on package for and 8 x 8-inch pan.
2. Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions.
3. Fold in crumbled bacon; stir in 3 tbsp bourbon.
4. Pour brownie batter into a lightly greased 8 x 8-inch pan. Bake as directed on package (about an hour), or until a toothpick inserted two inches from the edge of the pan comes out mostly clean.
5. Remove brownies from oven and immediately (and carefully) pour 1/4 cup bourbon on them. Cool in refrigerator completely before slicing and serving.